What is a truck accident personal injury claim?
How are they different from car accident claims?
- The policy limits for commercial trucks is usually higher than for personal vehicles.
- The property damage is usually higher due to the massive weight of the trucks involved.
- The injuries are often more severe and permanent.
- There is a higher risk of death due to the huge difference in weight and size of the commercial truck and the vehicle it hits.
- Did the truck driver or the trucking company violate any federal laws and regulations governed by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
What makes the GRIFFIN LAW FIRM the right choice for your truck accident personal injury claim?
- Our team of legal experts provides the best possible customer service to our truck accident personal injury clients.
- The GRIFFIN LAW FIRM lawyers also have a track record of getting outstanding truck accident settlements and verdicts that fully compensate our clients for their truck accident personal injury and wrongful death claims.
Why should you hire the Griffin Law Firm?
Attorney Richard Griffin founded the Griffin Law Firm to provide the best possible customer service while delivering excellent results, and that's exactly what our firm delivers. The best way to know how well our firm is doing is to review the following factors:
How much is your truck accident personal injury claim worth?
There is nothing more important than knowing the projected value of your truck accident personal injury case. It gives you the settlement goal to reach to insure you are fully compensated for your truck accident personal injury claim. Submit your dog bite claim to the Griffin Law Firm using our free Truck Accident Settlement Calculator below:
What are the minimum insurance policy limits for commercial vehicles in Georgia?
What are some of the causes of big truck accidents?
- Truck driver fatigue
- Falling asleep while driving
- Overworked truck drivers
- Distracted driving
- Mechanical breakdowns
- Sharp turns
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Drivers inexperience
- Insufficient driver training
What are the damages allowed in a truck accident personal injury claim?
- Medical Expenses: Claimants can recover their medical expenses for their accident-related injuries. Our truck accident lawyers are also able to include the projected cost of the recommended future treatment as well.
- Lost Wages: Claimants can also recover their lost wages if they are unable to work due to their truck accident-related injuries. For permanent injuries, there can even be compensation for the future lost earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: Victims who are hurt in truck accidents can also recover from their pain and suffering. In Georgia, pain and suffering is compensation for the physical pain from the injuries, as well as the anxiety, depression, and emotional distress caused by the physical injuries.
- Punitive Damages: Punitive damages are only allowed when the defendant is guilty of DUI, hit and run, or some other bad conduct that shows a reckless disregard for human life.
What are some surprising truck accident statistics?
- There are about 500,000 crashes involving big commercial trucks every year in the U.S.
- About 74% of the fatalities from truck accidents were the drivers and passengers in the passenger vehicles.
- Someone is killed or injured in a collision involving a big truck every 16 minutes in the U.S.
- About 133,000 injuries occur every year in truck accidents in the U.S. every year.
- Approximately 26,000 of the annual truck accident injuries are catastrophic.
- About 30% of all truck accidents every year in the U.S. are caused by drivers that are sleepy.
What are some factors that increase the value of a truck accident personal injury claim?
- The negligent driver is 100% at fault for the collision. In Georgia, the legal concept of comparative negligence applies, which allows the plaintiff's verdict to be reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to the plaintiff.
- You hired an experienced truck accident law firm such as the GRIFFIN LAW FIRM.
- There are witnesses to the collision that support your legal position.
- Your injuries are severe and cause permanent restrictions to your work or personal life.
- Your medical expenses are high.
- The treatment you receive involves injections and other pain management procedures.
- Surgery has been recommended or actually performed to treat your truck accident-related injuries.
- The truck driver's conduct was extremely negligent.
- The truck driver was driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The truck driver was guilty of hit and run after causing the collision, which creates punitive damage exposure.
What is the timeline for a car accident personal injury claim?
- Claim Investigation: Our truck accident attorneys investigate the truck accident. We photograph the accident scene and the client's injuries. We also get the recorded statements of all of the witnesses to the truck accident.
- Claim Set Up: The claim is set up with each auto insurance that covers the vehicles involved in the truck accident.
- Verify the Insurance Coverage: Our truck accident lawyers verify the policy limits of every auto policy that covers your truck accident claim.
- Medical Treatment: You get the treatment you need for your injuries that were sustained in the truck accident.
- Document Retrieval: The GRIFFIN LAW FIRM gathers your medical documentation and lost wage documentation for your demand package.
- Recorded Statements from Friends and Family: Our truck accident lawyers get recorded statements from before and after witnesses when needed.
- Settlement Negotiations: Attorney Richard Griffin and his truck accident attorneys have the highest rating of AV Preeminent for personal injury claims. Our experience and knowledge of truck accident claims allow us to get you the great truck accident personal injury or wrongful death claim.
- Litigation: Our truck accident litigation attorneys litigate your truck accident personal injury claim if the adjuster is unfair and unreasonable during the settlement negotiations.
How much is the attorney fee for a truck accident personal injury claim?
Our truck accident attorneys will make recommendations, but ultimately the clients decide if they want to settle or litigate their case. Because of our experience and resources, most cases do settle without the need for litigation which saves the client money.
- Pre-litigation Settlement: The Griffin Law Firm's contingency attorney fee is only one-third of the settlement, and the attorney fee is zero if we don't win your case.
- Litigation: The Griffin Law Firm's contingency fee is 40% of the settlement or verdict after a lawsuit is filed. Again, if you don't win your case, you do not owe any attorney fee.
Contact The Griffin Law Firm For A Free Consultation
We have advocated for our Georgia clients for decades. There's no need to handle these difficult matters of law all alone. Call us today at 877-PAIN-LAW or use our Contact Us form below for your free consultation and claim evaluation.