Auto accidents occur every hour of every day. There are more than 2,000,000 auto accidents every year in the U.S., according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Auto accidents are one of the most common sources of personal injuries. Drivers responsible for the accident are liable for any damages, whether that's personal bodily injury or property damage. Insurance adjusters make offers that normally fail to fairly compensate you for your personal injury and property damage claims. Why? Because the insurance companies want to save money at the expense of the injured victim. The only way to protect yourself is to call an experienced personal injury lawyer who can fight for a settlement that fully compensates you for your losses.
How do our clients and the legal community view the Griffin Law Firm?
Use the below buttons to read about our Firm awards, our Firm Reviews, and our Case Results: Firm awards let you know how the legal community rates our firm. The Reviews let you know how our clients like us. Our Case Results show you we have a track record of great injury recoveries.
Why is the Griffin Law Firm the right auto accident law firm for you?
Attorney Richard Griffin encourages anyone who needs to find the right auto accident lawyer to evaluate the law firm you are considering in the following three areas:
Our auto accident lawyers fight hard on every case, even when the case may have some challenges.
What are some examples of our firm obtaining outstanding settlements on cases with substantial challenges?
An example is when the Griffin Law Firm negotiated a $235,000 personal injury settlement on a case rejected by 5 prior attorneys.
- How did this auto accident happen? A driver on I-85 swerved from his lane to avoid tire debris which caused another driver to lose control and crash.
Why did the other five personal injury lawyers reject this case?
- Denied Liability: The adjuster had already denied liability since the negligent driver swerved but did not actually hit our client's vehicle.
- Low Property Damage: The insurance company had also concluded that there was no injury since the property damage was low.
- No Mechanism for Injury: The other attorneys also bought into the adjuster's position that low property damage meant insufficient force to cause injury.
How did the Griffin Law Firm turn a rejected case into a $235,000 personal injury settlement?
- Liability: We argued that the negligent driver was responsible for this car wreck because he could have run over the debris in the road rather than swerving into our client's lane.
- Eggshell Plaintiff: Attorney Richard Griffin established that the client had previously had back surgery, so she was seriously injured even in a low-impact collision that didn't cause much property damage to the car.
- Medical Treatment Assistance: Our client required significant physical therapy and pain management injections such as epidural steroid injections. Even though she didn't have health insurance, we helped her get all of the treatment she needed on an attorney lien with the medical providers.
- Jury Verdict Research: The Griffin Law Firm uses the most advanced jury verdict research tools to find similar cases that were resolved for large amounts. Jury verdict research helps us prove what the likely future jury verdict of your case would be.
Another example is when the Griffin Law Firm negotiated a $500,000 settlement on a personal injury claim involving a head-on collision by finding multiple insurance policies.
- How did this car wreck happen? A driver on a two-lane rural road drifted onto the shoulder of the road. She panicked, overcorrected, and shot into oncoming traffic, hitting our client head-on.
How did the Griffin Law Firm negotiate a $500,000 settlement without litigation?
- Great Reputation: We have a great reputation in the legal community for winning big settlements and jury verdicts for our clients.
- Medical Treatment Assistance: We helped our client get all of the medical treatment he needed for his back injury and broken leg.
- Stacking Insurance Policies: We found and stacked several insurance policies totaling a combined coverage of $500,000. It takes an experienced injury lawyer to identify all of the insurance policies that cover an auto accident and properly stack and recover all of those policies.
- Jury Verdict Research: We negotiated using jury verdict research for policy limit recoveries from each auto insurance policy that covered his claim.
How much is your auto accident personal injury claim worth?
There is nothing more important than knowing the projected value of your auto accident claim. To find out how much your claim is worth, submit your case with our free Auto Accident Settlement Calculator link below:
The Griffin Law Firm will evaluate your claim, find your case value, and fight for your outstanding personal injury recovery.
At Griffin Law Firm, our auto accident attorney in Georgia can help you file a solid, well-supported personal injury claim to ensure you receive just and fair compensation. Contact us online or at 877-PAIN-LAW (877-724-6529) to schedule an auto accident claim consultation.
Common Auto Accident Injuries in SNELLVILLE
Injuries sustained from auto accidents can range anywhere from minor to fatal. The types of immediate bodily injuries often involved in personal injury claims include:
- Broken bones (fractures)
- Herniated Discs
- Bulging Discs
- Facet Syndrome
- Lacerations and cuts
- Nerve damage
- Spinal injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Chronic pain
- Ankle injuries
- Knee injuries
- Hip injuries
- Hand injuries
- Wrist injuries
- Elbow injuries
- Shoulder injuries
Any and all of the above injuries can be serious and life-threatening. Regardless of severity, all bodily injuries are compensable if you are the accident victim. In many cases, psychological, mental, and emotional injuries are also compensable.
Types of Auto Accidents in Georgia
The type of injuries you sustain depends on the type and manner of the car accident. Common types of crashes include:
- Head-on collisions, which are among the most devastating types of crashes that result in serious and life-threatening bodily injuries
- Rear-end accidents, which are among the most common and frequently result in whiplash
- Side-impact collisions, which are common, usually occur at intersections and result in a range of injuries depending on where the vehicle was struck
- Roll-over accidents, which are less common but result in head and neck injuries
- Sideswipe accidents, which are less common and occur when one of two or more vehicles traveling parallel with each other swipes the side of the other vehicle
- Blind spot accidents, which are less common and occur when one vehicle fails to spot another car while changing or merging into another lane
The type of car accident can indicate liability for property and bodily damages. It's important to remember, though, that accidents can be complex events, so though the type may initially and seemingly indicate fault, a thorough investigation must be conducted to understand where liability falls.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Georgia
Car accidents happen due to many reasons. Causes can be grouped into three categories: drivers, vehicles, and environment.
- Intoxicated driving (e.g., alcohol, marijuana, prescription drugs, illicit drugs): Punitive damages are available when negligent drivers are DUI.
- Distracted driving (e.g., eating, texting, disciplining children)
- Drowsy driving or falling asleep while driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Decision error (e.g., driving too fast for the conditions, misjudging another driver's actions, failure to yield the right of way)
- Recognition error (e.g., inattention)
- Performance error (e.g., overcompensation, poor directional control)
- Manufacture defects
- Slick roads (e.g., ice, loose debris)
- View obstructions
Most crashes are the direct result of one driver. Aside from crashes caused by drivers, vehicles, or environmental conditions, other reasons don't fall within these categories. For instance, pedestrians can sometimes be the cause of an accident. In other circumstances, the cause cannot be determined. The injury lawyers at the Griffin Law Firm will investigate your injury claim and obtain the evidence needed to prove the other party was negligent.
When the cause of an auto accident is easily identified, liability will also tend to be easily identifiable. More complex auto accident cases, however, require the insight of an experienced auto accident attorney and the knowledge and expertise of expert witnesses.
Benefits of Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Georgia
After a car accident, insurance companies will investigate the cause of the wreck to see who was at fault. They will then offer to cover the victim's expenses. Insurance companies, however, are for-profit entities. They make money by bringing in premium payments and increase profit margins by minimizing the amount of money they pay out in settlements.
When an insurance company offers a settlement, that offer rarely represents the true value of fair compensation a victim deserves. Victims should be compensated for their:
- Medical bills, past and future
- Property damage
- Lost wages, past and future
- Reduced earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent Impairment Ratings
- Life-care Plan when applicable
Insurance settlement offers frequently cover property damage and medical bills and only those expenses incurred to date. Sometimes the settlement will also include lost wages, but again, it may only include the wages lost to date, not future wages or loss of earned income. Much of it depends on the rules of your jurisdiction.
By hiring a lawyer and pursuing these other forms of compensation, accident victims can fight for what they really deserve.
Contact The Griffin Law Firm For A Free Consultation
We have advocated for our Georgia clients for decades. There's no need to handle these difficult matters of law all alone. Call us today at 877-PAIN-LAW or use our Contact Us form below for your free consultation and claim evaluation.